Sunday, March 16, 2008

gentle reminders and tears

".. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name." Revelations 3:7-8

this is a great promise. i was watching facing the giants on youtube and this verse came up. while i was watching, some of this reminders came.

1. i should be studying for the glory of God and not for the sake of it
2. i praise God when i win and when i lose
3. my weaknesses are for God's glory as well coz He's the Almighty
4. God can work miracles in my life
5. i am what i think
6. and the verse above, of course

i did my qt after the movie itself. i referred to this few verses as well.

"Wake up, you drunkards, and weep! Wail, all you drinkers of wine; wail because of the new wine, for it has been snatched from your lips" Joel 1:5
"Put on sackcloth, O priests, and mourn; wail, you who minister before the altar. Come, spend the night in sackcloth, you who minister before my God; for the grain offerings and drink offerings are withheld from the house of your God. " Joel 1:13

and other verses in the following chapters of the book of Joel.

how important it is to cry out and intercede out of love. how important it is to cry and mourn and weep for the people around you. how important it is to tear your heart.

"Don’t tear your clothing in your grief,but tear your hearts instead.”Return to the Lord your God,for he is merciful and compassionate,slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love.He is eager to relent and not punish." Joel 2:13

No comments: